Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jessie Ware: "Sweet Talk"

Every once in a while, a song comes along that is the perfect mix of production, theme, and content-- a song like Jessie Ware's "Sweet Talk", a single taken from her upcoming album Devotion. It's a song infused with delicate yearning, a celebration of that moment where you give in to complication. "I thought you knew I had to stay away from you/ I fought you hard, yet still you have the power," it starts, a Fender Rhodes-like keyboard melody and behind-the-beat percussion living an ocean of space for the listener to fill with his or her own desires. It's Sade, it's Marvin Gaye; it's unbelievably sexy but also thoughtful; it's sad and wistful and, ultimately, grounded. It pulls me in and it works for me, so I never leave.




To listen to other songs of Jessie ware check them out here: http://soundcloud.com/jessieware/tracks

Sources: PitchforkTV, Youtube and soundcloud

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment